Akaline versus acidity

The importance of choosing alkaline forming foods

The alkaline diet is known for many names. It can be called as the alkaline ash diet, alkalizing, acid alkaline diet or the alkaline acid diet. It is basically a diet that puts emphasis on eating healthy food choices like fresh fruits, more vegetables, roots, nuts, legumes, tubers etc. these foods help metabolize the calories easily and leave alkaline residue of various minerals like iron, zinc, calcium, copper and potassium which are important in keeping your body have a stable and normal pH.

What are the benefits of an alkaline diet?

There are a lot of benefits when doing an alkaline diet aside from normalizing the pH. It also keeps away from certain diseases like Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and even other preventable diseases like diabetes, cancer, common colds and yeast infections.

Aside from keeping you healthy the diet also contributes to weigh loss by releasing the excess acid which is stored in the fats and adipose tissues. You also become energized even in a long day’s work. You just feel renewed and rejuvenated both physically and mentally.  

Additionally, going in an alkaline diet also help in the anti-aging process as it prolongs the life of the cells making you not only feel good but look good and young. There are also reports that say most individuals taking this diet say they experience better sleep and sex life.

What are the alkaline foods?

When in this kind of diet, you need to eat more alkaline forming foods and not acid forming foods. This means you should eat more vegetables, some fruits, seeds, nuts, taking healthy oil like olive oils, wheatgrass which can be taken via food supplements and a lot of water. Water is very vital because it helps neutralize the acidity level of your body especially if you took too many foods that are acid forming.

Some of the food that you need to avoid eating as much as possible includes the meat and dairy products, refined sugar and processed foods, alcohol, caffeine and artificial sweeteners. Although these foods are completely unavoidable, experts suggest that you eat about 70% to 80% of the alkaline forming foods and the remaining 20% to 30% of the acid forming foods.

Why you should switch to alkaline diet?

A lot of people are wary about their health these days that’s why they resort to eating healthy food and exercise. One of the noticeable diets these days is the alkaline food diet. This is also referred to as the ash diet, the alkaline acid diet or the acid alkaline diet where you are eating healthier food choices that helps in metabolizing what you ate easily and in turn the alkaline or ash residue are formed into essential minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, and zinc.  These minerals are important because they neutralize the acidity inside your body.

The acid-base balance

The blood is slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.35. The normal blood pH is at 7.35 to 7.45 and it should stay this way. Although there is a buffer system, sooner or later, especially if the diet is not good and you don’t take care of your body, you are prone to certain diseases. Increased blood acidity can lead to common colds, yeast infection, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac, multiple sclerosis diseases, cancer and diabetes.

What are the alkaline forming foods?

You don’t need a diet list to know what the essential alkaline forming foods are.  These include eating green vegetables, some non acidic fruits, seeds, nuts, olive oil and other healthy oils, wheatgrass which can be taken in a food supplement form and water.

The foods that you should avoid include  meat and processed meat, trans fat, pastries with artificial sweeteners, refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol and even other foods like pizza, chips, white bread, soda, cola, biscuits etc.

These foods do not need to be measured. All you need is to differentiate the acid forming and alkaline forming foods and choose to eat a lot of the latter. About 70% to 80% of the food eaten should constitute alkaline forming and only 20% to 30% for the acid forming foods.

What are the benefits of alkaline diet?

As a whole there is a marked improvement in your health when you switch to alkaline diet because you feel energize, lose weight and you are spared from preventable diseases. Additionally, it delays your aging process and looks young and healthy all the time. Marked improvements when it comes to sleeping patterns and sex life are also reported when doing the ask diet. I always start my day with alkalizing food. It keeps inflammation down.  Check my recipe box for suggestion on www.alternativemsrecovery.com .

 By Mr. Malik Johnson

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter